Saturday, August 24, 2013

Back to School Review

Thanks so much to Camille's Primary Ideas for this idea. I copied her activity nearly word for word, except I changed a couple of songs (because I picked obscure songs for my "pick your own months") and we aren't signing any songs (which is what she did for pencil: write the song (sign) with your hands) so I racked my brain for several minutes and finally came up with my highlighter idea. It is super lame because you actually want the kids to sing "brightly" just about all the time; but at this point I was desperate (I almost was going to use crayons and just do the same activity for markers but with a different song - see how desperate).
My camera is WAY upstairs (my computer usually resides far, far away from my bedroom) so I am just stealing Camille's picture:
And here is my list:
ERASER: “Erase" (don’t sing) the words  “father”  or   “spirit” in the song I Know My Father Lives p. 5

GLUE: Glue your legs together and your arms to your sides so you hold really still while we sing Can a Little Child like Me p. 9

MARKERS: Only sing My Heavenly Father Loves Me p. 228 when you are wearing the same color as the marker that is held up.

RULER: Measure the volume as we sing I Am a Child of God p. 2. Point to 1 inch for softer up to 12 inches for louder.

CALCULATOR: Count  how many times we sing the word  “family” in Families Can Be Together Forever p. 188.

HIGHLIGHTERS: Brighten your singing (smile, widen your eyes and open mouth wider) during  If the Savior Stood Beside Me when the highlighter is held up.

SCISSORS: Sing When I am Baptized p. 103 legato (smoothly) as if it were a piece of paper for the verse. Then when we sing the chorus, cut it up by singing staccato (choppy).

SHARPENER: Sharpen the song by enunciating each word for A Child’s Prayer p. 12


No comments:

Post a Comment