Monday, June 17, 2013

Read the comments!!!

I have found other blogs, useful information, and just recently A SUPER AWESOME IDEA in a comment. I've said it before and I'm saying it again - BLOGLAND IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
Check out these Ideas found on Primary Singing Time Magic

One really successful and easy activity I recently did was to use my phone to record the kids singing, then have them listen to it and show me on their fingers 1-5 how good they thought it was. (1 = like it was the first time they ever sang the song, 3 = decent, but maybe not quite ready for Sacrament, 5 = like angels singing...you get the idea). The kids improved dramatically each time they sang the song and were really motivated to sing their best.


Isn't that GREAT!!!! I would have never thought of that in a million years (mainly because yes, [and I do hear all of you gasping], my phone is often used to placate my 5 year old into sitting quietly - I am awful and I know it, but it's just what I have to do sometimes to actually fulfill my calling)

and this little beauty:

Pop the balloon - I have one child (on one side of the room) holding a blown up balloon. I have another child (on the other side of the room) holding a large push pin. I tell the child with the push pin that they can take baby steps towards the balloon - only if the kids are singing well. With a little guidance, the balloon makes it to the push pin by the end of the song and, POP! the balloon gets popped! The kids love it!

And just to recap - we did the rainbow in cups activity:
and it was just so much fun. Did they learn anything? Not really, most of them already know the song. Did the activity correlate to the song as much as I wanted it to? Not even close. But was it FUN? YOU BETCHA!!!!!! I might have to come up with a reason to do it again. I would add more red drops to the red spoon, (because red kind of came out pink) but it was so pretty and just plain fun to do.
All right - I'm going to turn into a pumpkin - no more midnight surfing for me

No comments:

Post a Comment