So I don't know if you have seen it, but the OCD Primary Chorister made this fabulous game board. However, it seems as if I am not the only one that was having problems with the pdf she attached that you could print and cut and paste to a posterboard. For me, when I looked at the pdf, the bottom right hand corner was completely missing. I wanted to be lazy and just ask her if she could post a normal sized game board as a pdf (and then tile that pdf as I have chronicled in a previous post) rather than the jpeg she posted, but instead, I followed her advice and went to blockposters.com. I had a jpeg or a png (I can't remember which one I saved it as) and I downloaded it to the site and I was able to print my poster! It has a logo in the bottom right hand corner, but I will totally take it! The logo doesn't get in the way of the artwork and I think that I am in love with this new site! I don't know if it's one of those things where you can only make so many prints and THEN they want you to pay for the service, but it worked for now, which is awesome.
And since I was able to get a pdf of the game in its enlarged state, I now have it on my computer. I won't post a link, since it is not my work, but if you would like a copy of my pdf, email me at :
houseofhenckel7 (at) gmail (dot) com.
In preparation for this game, I counted the types of spaces in the game board
Text Bubbles: 16 (which, when landed on, you read a line of text from a song and omit one word and have the child guess the word)
Question Marks: 14 (which, when landed on, you ask a question that can be answered by the songs)
Notes: 14 (which, when landed on, the primary sings a line of a song)
The OCD Primary chorister provided an example for the text bubble and the question marks, but I have compiled a list for each category
1. Kings shall _________ him and nations revere.(Hymns 29)
2. Fair is the ____________, fairer the moonlight (62)
3. Beautiful Savior! Lord of the Nations! Son of God and Son of __________! (62)
4. I ________ the living prophet speak (outline)
5. He _________ me in times of need, he testifies of Christ. (outline)
6. Hail to the prophet, ____________ to Heaven (Hymns 29)
7. My life is a gift, my life has a __________ (164)
8. Holding fast to his word and his ___________(164)
9. Our prophet has some ____________ for you (159)
10. At __________ or at play, in darkness or light (159)
11. I feel the spirit start to grow within my heart, a ____________ that they're true. (109)
12. I'll come to understand, I'll _______ the Lord's command (109)
13. Search, ___________ and pray (109)
14.I love to see the temple, I'm going there some day to _______ the Holy Spirit (95)
15. For the temple is a holy place where we are _____ together. (95)
16. For the temple is a house of _______ , a place of love and beauty (95)
Question Marks (I did NOT come up with 14 questions - I just hope 7 will be enough)
What do you do in the temple?
Feel the holy spirit, listen, pray, covenant with my father, promise to obey, get sealed together
How do you know the scripture are true?
Through the holy spirit
When should we do what the prophet asks us to do?
At work or at aplay, in darkness or light
Who anointed Joseph Smith
Who has a plan for us?
Heavenly Father (God)
What are some other names for Jesus?
Beautiful Savior, Lord of the Nations, Son of God, Son of Man
What are some of the things the Holy Spirit does for us?
He teaches truth and right, he comforts, he testifies of Christ, he fills my soul with peace
1. Traitors and tyrants now fight him in vain (Hymns 29)
2. Praise to the Man who communed with Jehovah. Jesus anointed that prophet and Seer (Hymns 29)
3. Robed in the flowers of blooming spring. Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer (62)
4. Thee will I honor, praise and give glory (62)
5. If I had been a little child when Jesus lived on Earth (outline)
6. He speaks to me in quiet ways that fill my soul with peace. (outline)
7. My life has a purpose; in heaven it began (164)
8. I will work and I will pray. I will always walk in his way (164)
9. And These are the words, be true, be true (159)
10. Be true, be true and stand for the right (159)
11. The spirit will guide, and deep inside, I'll know the scriptures are true (109)
12. So prayerfully I'll read the scriptures, each day my whole life through (109)
13. I'll covenant with my father, I'll promise to obey (95)
14. As a child of God, I've learned this truth, a family is forever (95)